Queenstown URA Masterplan: One-North in 5-10 Years
When Singapore was still under colonial rule, the Singapore Improvement Trust(SIT) started a project to commemorate Queen Elizabeth 11’s coronation.
Affectionately known as ‘heartland,’ Singapore’s first satellite town was built over a former burial ground and farmland at Boh Beh Kang village and helped usher in a new era in public housing. However, architectural structures are prone to decay, leading to the need for extensive renovations and repairs with new developments under the Draft Master Plan 2019.
The Masterplan is a statutory land use that guides Singapore’s infrastructural development over the next ten or so years and will target roads, public spaces, malls, and housing. These developments align with principles of environmental sustainability, resilience, developing economic gateways for the future, and planning better residential areas.
- Increase in Social Amenities: In just a few years, you can expect Queenstown One-North to have additional housing and social amenities such as a co-learning centre, pedestrian malls, an underground electric substation, new public housing developments, and a recreational corridor. This aligns with the increase in population as more people settle in urban areas.
- Better Transport : A recreational corridor to link Labrador Nature Reserve and West Coast Park, allowing residents a view of Pasir Panjar terminal close to the container port terminal. Additionally, the range of local and international educational facilities available will attract more residents to the area.
- Green Spaces: Construction will occur with the inclusion of green spaces such as parks to improve the area’s aesthetic appeal. Modern living spaces are now come with green spaces to mitigate the effects of pollution, allowing residents to live in a cleaner environment. Moreover, it improves the aesthetic appeal of an area since less affluent neighbourhoods rarely have green spaces for leisure or exercise.
- Increase in Social Capital For The Area: The Draft master plan aims to target several neighbouring localities, such as Bukit Timah, which will upgrade this particular central region of Singapore as a whole. Locals will have a wider interconnected region to explore as these areas grow and expand.
- About Developer: Kingsford Development
- The Hill @One-North Condo at Slim Barracks Rise By Kingsford Development (Hot Launch 2023)
- The Hill @One-North Condo Online Interest Registration
- The Hill @One-North Condo Price
- The Hill @One-North Condo Showflat
- The Hill @One-North Location
- The Hill @One-North Site & Floor Plans